Monday, April 9, 2012

1 Chronicles 23-25

These are organizational chapters. David is getting old and organizes the Levites. I don't have much say about what he does. I do note a few things:

1. It begins with a census of the Levites. Again, census taking is not wrong. Here, David takes a census of them as part of planning for the temple.

2. I get a sense of David's excitement about the construction of the temple. Here he is planning personnel for a temple that is not yet even built. In my speculation, I think he may have been a little disappointed about not getting to build the temple, so he does everything he can to plan for the temple in his lifetime. He already assembled supplies for and here he is delegating personnel for the temple that his son will build.

3. From a kingdom administration perspective, David seems to wants to ensure that Solomon has everything perfect for when David dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment